Monday, May 7, 2012

A Doodle a Day - Day 7 (having skipped 5 &6)

Hi All,

I already messed up on my quest to doodle every day. I was trying to figure out why it's so hard for me to doodle every day. It's because I very rarely write on paper now. I am almost always communicating through my phone or computer. I've been writing to my husband every day, but I do it on my computer. I don't go to school so don't take notes, and even then, I used my computer almost exclusively in the last year and rarely took physical notes (although when I did no margin was safe). Part of my mission to doodle every day was to get back to writing on paper, although I don't think that was conscious at the time. The weekend was pretty hectic and I was running around a lot. When I did get a minute, writing took priority over drawing. I'll get back into the swing of things this week.
In honor of my seeming inability to write physical paper notes, here is an uncoordinated computer squiggle. I created it using Gimp (a pretty good free photo editing program) and the pencil tool. If this poor doodle (honestly, it's about the best I could do) doesn't convince me to try to draw on paper instead, I don't know what could. I didn't dare try to draw an actual representation of something because my skills just aren't there, and I wanted the process to be relatively organic. Do you still write on paper? I don't even write out a physical grocery list anymore. Did you doodle today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment