Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Doodle a Day - Day 8

I cannot actually share today's doodle with you because I don't want the estate of Roy Lichtenstein to come after me. I traced a couple of Lichtnesteins onto shrinky plastic. You know the kind that you put in the oven and it gets smaller and thicker. Anyway, I traced them onto the plastic at a size of 3" by 3" using a small black permanent marker for the black and colored pencils for the color. I just colored in the flesh tone instead of attempting Lichtenstein's signature dots. Then I punched a hole in the middle top of each one and baked them according to the instructions. They came out about 1.25" square. I put them on jump rings and attached them to earring hooks and now I have my very own Lichtenstein earrings! I really like earrings that coordinate but don't match. I might make a Mondrian inspired pair next. Did you doodle (or trace) today?

No comments:

Post a Comment